Handstands are an important skill for gymnasts because they help to strengthen the core muscles, increase flexibility, and improve balance. Handstands also help to increase body awareness and provide gymnasts with an opportunity to develop better coordination and control. Handstands can also be used to transition from one skill to another during routines, making them an important part of any gymnast’s skill set.
- Good handstands are an essential skill for many gymnastics events, such as floor routines, balance beam routines, and uneven bars.
- A strong handstand can help gymnasts to develop better body control and coordination, which is important for performing complex movements.
- Handstands can help build upper body strength and improve balance.
- Handstands can help gymnasts become more aware of their body and their position in space.
- Good handstands can help gymnasts to build confidence, as mastering this skill can be a source of pride.
To learn how to do a proper handstand, contact us to get our class schedule or to set up semi-private lessons.