- Summer Camp opens at 6 a.m.
- Children must be picked up by 6 p.m.
- Half-Day Campers will opt for mornings (6 a.m. to 12 p.m. or afternoons 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Names must be marked on all personal items. Twisters is NOT responsible for lost, broken or stolen items.
- In an effort to better suit children during activities and playtime, we will be dividing campers into age groups. Sibling who would like to stay together would go with the younger of the two groups.
- If paid in full, camp for a full-day camper is $1,000. The paid-in-full discount for a half-day camper is $650. (Pay-in-full is a 12-week program. Additional weeks due to school scheduling will be charged at the weekly rate.)
- If paid week-to-week, a full-day camper is $100/wk, and a half-day camper is $65/wk.
- Discounts will not be given for missed days.
- If week-to-week, parents may select in advance which weeks they will participate. They will only be charged for those weeks.
- Automatic charges will occur at approximately 7 a.m. the Friday morning prior to the start of the week.
- Example: If you are enrolled for the week of June 8-12, your weekly fee will be automatically charged to the card on file the morning of June 5.
- Parents will be notified by noon if the card on file is unable to be charged. In order to reserve the child’s spot for the following week, payment will need to be completed by 5 p.m. the Friday prior to the start of the week.
- Payments must be up to date in order for a child to particpate.
- For payments made in full, cash, check or charge is accepted.
- For weekly payments, cash or card on file is accepted. Cash must be paid by close of business on Thursday so your card is not automatically charged.
- Because your child will hold a slot in a class, no refunds will be issued at any time. (Note: Credits will be given if Twisters must close for countywide shut downs, but we have previously received a temporary child-care license that exempted us from this.)
Snacks and Meals:
- Breakfast will be provided for any campers who arrive before 8 a.m.
- Lunch is served at noon. Snacks will be provided at 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- A lunch menu will be available the week prior. Campers will have a choice of the menu item or a PB&J sandwich with a side of fruit and a vegetable.
- Campers may bring their own lunches and snacks if they would like. A refrigerator is available for students. Please refrain from caffeinated beverages and high-sugar items. Parents may place money and snack restrictions on the child’s account.
- Water will be provided with all meals and throughout the day.
- Tennis shoes are recommended for daily activities. Sandals and flip flops are discouraged, but may be brought on outdoor water days. Parents will be notified in advance of outdoor water days.
- All clothing should be comfortable and weather-appropriate. Please remember air conditioning can get a little chilly first thing in the mornings.
- K-4th grade parents: Please send your child with a back-up outfit on their first day to be left at Twisters throughout the summer. This outfit will be worn if they ever have an accident or get dirty.
- Appropriate behavior and language are expected at Twisters.
- Rules will be clearly stated by counselors. Our goal is to always use redirection and positive reinforcement. At times, time outs and quiet time may be required for children who need some additional space and calming.
Release of Participants:
- All children must be signed in and out by a parent or authorized pick-up contact each day.
- Only those who have been designated to pick up a child are allowed to pick up.
- If someone else is picking up your child, we will ask that you complete an “Add a Contact” form in advance.
- A child may not receive medication of any kind unless it is required by a doctor.
- Parents/guardians must place medicine in a Ziploc bag with child’s name, dosage and frequency. Medication must be provided in the original container with pharmacy/doctor instructions and label.
- Please inform the director immediately if your child develops any of the following symptoms:
- Redness of the eyes or itchy eyes
- Sore throat or hoarse voice
- Campers with these symptoms will not be allowed to attend camp until they are 24 hours free of symptoms or have a doctor’s note.
- Additional hand-sanitizing measures and social distancing will be monitored and enforced throughout Summer 2021.
- Please send one bottle of spray sunscreen with your child on the first day. (SPF 50 or above)
- We will provide liquid sunscreen for faces.
- The bottles will be shared with everyone. If your child has sensitive skin or requires a higher SPF, please attach a note and label the bottle with your child’s name.
- We will notify you in advance of outdoor water days. Please send the following with your child on these days:
- Water clothing
- Water shoes or shoes that may get wet
- All activities will take place at Twisters or within the surrounding community. Any activities that are off-property will require a permission slip. A few field trips will be taken throughout the summer and transportation will be provided by Twisters. These field trips will cost up to $5 and will be no more than twice per month. For those choosing to not participate, alternative programming will be available at Twisters.
If you have questions regarding these policies, please do not hesitate to call us at 660-238-0577.