Hello Twister Families!
We are very grateful for the opportunity to be open and provide a service to our community during this challenging time. It’s so important that children are provided opportunities to safely interact as well as have physical education. It’s important that we continue to partner with our community in vigilance and safety. Many of the procedures listed below have been in place for many years, as we have always believed in sanitation and cleanliness (especially when working with young children.) We do believe it’s important to inform our members and the community of the steps we are taking to minimize the spread of COVID-19:
- Anyone (parent, child or staff member) who has any symptoms of COVID-19 or influenza (to include, but not limited to) fever, sore throat, cough, body aches, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. must not return to the gym for 14 days or until a negative COVID test is provided and a doctor’s release is received.
- All parents, children and staff must abide by the Johnson County Health Department regulations regarding quarantines.
- All mats are sanitized between classes, before and after special events and any time they are used for private lessons, birthday parties and/or private events.
- All athletes and staff will wash or sanitize hands before and after each class and prior to activities. (Sanitizer is located at each entrance to the main floor as well as the front desk. Bathrooms with antibacterial soap are centrally located.)
- Staff and parents (who do not have a condition that would medically prohibit them to do so) are asked to wear masks if and when legally mandated by the Johnson County Health Department and/or the Johnson County Commissioners. Athletes performing physical activity have been provided an exemption by the health department in an effort to keep them safe from the dangers of hypoxia. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to view to this exemption in its entirety.
- Our 35,000 sq. ft. space and large lobby provide adequate opportunities for social distancing. In the event that you feel uncomfortable or need additional space, please notify our front desk who have additional spaces they can make available.
Again, thank you for your patience and understanding through this challenging time. Twisters is highly committed to maintaining our safety standards throughout this pandemic and into the future. Thank you for supporting this small business.
Angie & Danielle
Twister Sports, Owners